AIIMS, Bhopal has the vision to make it as one of the excellent Health Care Centers to serve the people of Central India as envisaged under the PMSSY with the following milestones:
1. New building of College of Nursing in AIIMS premises is completed and made operational.
2. 14 Modular Operation Theatre have been completed and started functioning.
3. All the 135 blocks of the buildings in AIIMS, Bhopal have been constructed and handed over to the respective departments.
4. The RDA Canteen in AIIMS premises, a Deanery block in the Medical College and Poison Information Centre (PIC) in AIIMS, Bhopal have been commenced.
1. Emergency and Trauma Services have been started 24x7 for the people.
2. Advanced & Basic Life Support Ambulance service under Trauma & Emergency Department of Hospital has been flagged off and made
3. The prestigious scheme of Govt of India “Ayushman Bharat” under PMSSY has been initiated in OPD area of AIIMS Hospital.
4. Blood Component separation unit and Apheresis facility at Transfusion Medicine and Blood Bank department of the hospital have
been made operational.
5. After inaugurating the 3 Tesla MRI in 2018-19, the radiological services recorded in 2019-20 is 8123 CTs against 5814 CTs in 2018-19:
6463, MRIs against 3635 in 2018-19; 23726 USGs against 18475 in 2018-19. The Department recorded 104 DSAs, 70 Mammography
and 113 DRF in the year 2019-2020. Even during the COVID-19 outbreak when regular OPDs were closed, these investigative and
diagnostic laboratories carried out a good number of investigations which explains the number of patients reaching AIIMS, Bhopal for
emergency services only. This shows the confidence of people picked to a great extent.
6. Various services were started during the time like Cardiology OPD Ward, Orthopedic Ward, Trauma & Emergency, Psychiatric Ward,
Neurosurgery Ward, Oncology Ward, Burn & Plastic Surgery Ward, Corneal Transplant, Occuloplasty Services, ENT Speech Laboratory,
Eye Bank and many other facilities as a result of which the Bed Strength also rose from 574 to 793 with 30 functional department
which includes 18 Specialties and 12 super-specialties.
C. Grievance Cell
1. A total of 15 grievances were received in the Director’s Portal for Grievance Addressal and all were addressed and sorted out. Further
CPGRAMS portal received a total of 233 grievance cases out of which 230 cases have been disposed off.
D. Education, Research & Patient Care
1. The Institute is striving to excel in Education, Research (National & International) and patient care. AIIMS Bhopal is one of the partners
in National Knowledge Network (NKN) connecting 52 Medical College all over the country to share update knowledge in the field.
2. AIIMS, Bhopal has surpassed all other new AIIMS, in the field of Research. A total of 233 Publications were made in the last two years.
The Faculty of AIIMS, Bhopal is mainly carrying out research in tuberculosis, cancer diagnostics, infectious diseases, chronic kidney
disease & environmental toxins, health care delivery system, severe acute malnutrition, health effects of yoga & meditation and
antimicrobial stewardship etc. Also, a total of 180 proposals for extramural funding were submitted by the Faculty of AIIMS, Bhopal to
different agencies in last one year and 45 projects have been approved for funding. The premier funding agencies include ICMR, DST,
DBT, BIRAC, DHR, UNICEF, MP Govt. and the total grant outlay of projects sanctioned in this period is Rs 25.11 crores. Centre of
Excellence in Labour, Delivery and Recovery (LDR), and Medical Device Adverse Event Monitoring Center in Dept. of Pharmacology
under the aegis of Indian Pharmacoepia Commission, Ghaziabad have been established with Government funding.
3. For the first time for any AIIMS, the AIIMS, Bhopal has established a Centre for the Translational Medicine which will have dedicated
faculty and state-of-the-art infrastructure and equipment like Whole Genome Sequencer, Automated Nucleic Acid Extractor, Flow
Cytometer, Automatic Absorption System, the In-Vivo Image Analyser to conduct the Drug and Vaccine Trial in animals. The Faculty of
this Centre will also be mandated to develop new diagnostic and human devices, drugs, vaccines and systems based on Artificial
1. 95 candidates have joined in various Group ‘A’ and ‘B’ posts on regular and deputation basis.
2. In Group ‘B’ posts, 539 Nursing Staff have been filled along with other 186 SRs and 271 JRs.
1. AIIMS, Bhopal has initiated the first clinical trial for the management of COVID-19, and more trials are being started with funding from
CSIR, WHO, ICMR. State of Madhya Pradesh is actively providing various facilities to encourage academic activities for mutual benefit
and patients as main beneficiary. The AIIMS, Bhopal is helping the State Government in various ways, such as mentoring
medical colleges of the state for COVID-19 testing. Our faculty is advising the state through various task forces and advisory committees.
Further, through untiring efforts of the Institute, the Institute is able to get huge CSR funding from PSUs as well as from private
organizations. AIIMS, Bhopal has received a total of Rupees 10,38,95,309/- as CSR funding, and we are establishing an instrumentation
of state-of-art, high-end central facility using this fund.
2. Institute also provides its lab facilities on short term basis for encouraging research activities. It is also important to
mention that the Institute has started the Regional Virology Lab (RVL) along with TB Lab which is of first of its kind in the State.
The Institute has also established a Cancer Treatment Centre with a holistic approach in association with AIIMS, New Delhi.
3. Regarding the COVID-19 related activities taken up in AIIMS, Bhopal, press notes are updated on daily basis. It is important that
we have low mortality rate in patient who is referred to us in very critical condition. AIIMS, Bhopal has done maximum tests in
entire India, as far as Government Institutions are concerned, even more than AIIMS, Delhi.